A+ Heading mode, available from only the Whirl app (not available from the Wheelman dashboard), enables you to autosteer in parallel straight lines. This mode is similar to Straight mode, but instead of setting the A and B points of a straight line, you set the A point and the heading (direction of the line). The figure below shows a close-up of the Whirl screen while driving along (and recording application on) the second straight line.
To autosteer using Straight mode (Whirl):
- Make sure you have a task started (start a new task or remain in your current task).
- If necessary, when starting a new task, review the information on the screen below then tap OK. To bypass this step in the future, tap Don't show this again before tapping OK.
- While on the map screen, tap the autosteering panel icon (or swipe to the left from the right edge of the screen) to display the autosteering panel (shown below).
- Tap then tap A+ HEADING (see below).
- On the map screen (first figure below), follow the instructions at the top of the screen (tap SET POINT A). In the Heading pop-up, type the heading (in degrees, second figure below) then tap Done. The A+ Heading line is set.
Note: You can tap APPLY ON to begin recording area covered or product applied at any point. In this example, you tap APPLY ON after engaging on your line.
- Tap ENGAGE AUTOSTEERING (first figure below) - you are autosteered toward and then engaged on the guideline. Tap APPLY ON to begin recording area covered (second figure below).
- Keep autosteering along the straight line. At the end of the pass (such as reaching the headland), turn apply off and manually turn around and steer toward your next pass. The next pass may be an adjacent pass or you may skip a pass (for example, if you think of the first pass as Pass 1, you can turn around and steer toward Pass 2 or Pass 3 to either the left or the right of Pass 1).
When you manually steer off the guideline, autosteering automatically disengages (first figure below). Note the heading indicator shows you have turned off your guideline to the right...at the moment shown in the first figure below your heading is 24° compared to a heading of 15° while engaged on the guideline in step 6 above.
When you are within half an implement width of the next pass, that guideline (straight line) appears in red and you are ready to engage on that guideline (second figure below). Note the heading indicator shows you are approaching the next guideline with a heading of 221°. After you engage on the line in the next step the heading will be close to 195° (opposite direction of the 15° heading in step 6 because you are autosteering along a parallel line in the opposite direction compared to the first guideline).
- When the guideline you want to steer along is red, tap ENGAGE AUTOSTEERING and turn apply on. You are automatically steered onto and along the guideline.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each additional pass you want to drive/record.