How do I get started with Wheelman?
Wheelman autosteers your vehicle along a defined path, such as a straight path or a contour path. When you have finished your first pass (or swath), turn around and drive toward your next pass (either an adjacent parallel pass or, if you skip passes, a further out parallel pass). Repeat for each additional pass.
The printed Wheelman Quick Start Guide that is included with your Wheelman kit describes the same information as below.
Using Wheelman can be broken down into the following sections:
- Set up your vehicle (Whirl only). This involves creating a name in the Whirl app for your vehicle and entering various vehicle measurements.
- Calibrate your vehicle (Whirl only). Whirl provides step-by-step instructions to complete the calibration, which fine tunes Wheelman to work with your vehicle.
- Add an implement. You enter a name and the width for the implement.
- Start your task. A task is a body of work, such as tilling your field. You name a task in the Whirl app.
- Select your autosteering mode. This is your path type, such as Straight or Contour.
- Set your wayline then engage autosteering on that wayline. Using either Whirl