After you engage autosteering on a wayline, you may realize you want to move the wayline left or right (but still parallel to the currently wayline) by a small distance - the nudge distance.
You can nudge a wayline only when you are engaged on (are autosteering on) the wayline and you can do this in the Whirl app or using the Wheelman dashboard. By default, the nudge distance is set at 4 inches. If you want to change the nudge value, you must do this from the Whirl app before starting a task (before displaying the map screen).
To change the nudge distance (Whirl only):
- On the Wheelman screen, tap the Settings (gear) icon in the upper right of the screen.
- On the Settings screen tap Nudge Increment.
- In the Nudge Increment pop-up, type a value then tap Done.
- Tap Done to return to the Wheelman screen.
To nudge your wayline (Whirl):
- While engaged on your wayline (autosteering) and on the map screen, display the autosteering panel (swipe to the left from the right edge of the screen or tap the autosteering panel icon at the top right of the screen).
- Tap or to nudge the wayline to the left or right, respectively. Tap the arrows as many times as needed (each tap nudges the wayline by the distance indicated in the NUDGE WAYLINE field, such as 4 inches as shown below).
- Hide the autosteering panel (swipe the panel to the right or tap anywhere on the map). The example below shows the wayline nudged several times to the right and, because you are still autosteering, Whirl steers your vehicle toward the wayline's new location.
To nudge your wayline (Wheelman):
- While engaged on your wayline (autosteering), press the A button to nudge the wayline to the left or press the B button to nudge the wayline to the right. Press the buttons as many times as needed (each press nudges the wayline by the set distance).