Before you start a task, you must:
- Set up and calibrate a vehicle.
- Add an implement. If you have more than one implement that you will use in your field, add each implement to Whirl. Then, before you start your task, simply select the implement you need to use.
Once you complete the above steps, the START TASK button is enabled (orange) and the RESUME TASK button is disabled (gray). If you will be using the same vehicle and implement for future tasks, you only perform these steps one time. The next time you want to start a task, simply tap START TASK.
If you previously started and stopped a task for this vehicle/implement combination, both buttons are enabled (the RESUME TASK button is white with orange text); at this point you can resume the previous task or start a new task.
To start a task:
- After setting up and calibrating your vehicle and adding or selecting your implement, tap START TASK.
- If you previously stopped a task, the following pop-up appears. To discard the previous task's data and start a new task, tap Yes.
- In the Task name pop-up, type a name for the task then tap DONE.
Whirl displays the map screen with a vehicle at the center, with an information screen in front of it. Review the information then tap OK to dismiss the screen. If you no longer want to see this screen when you start or resume a task, tap Don't show this again.