Upon starting (naming) your task, Whirl displays the map screen. Use the figures and information below to learn more about the map screen.
Note: You can pinch-to-zoom to zoom in/out on the map (vehicle/implement resizes appropriately).
1 Info bar
- Left arrow – Tap to stop the current task
- Bars/GNSS – Green bars indicate you have a valid GNSS signal and can set a wayline and autosteer. If a red circle with an exclamation point appears where the bars and GNSS should be, tap the indicator to display a list of errors to troubleshoot, then tap the error to display troubleshooting steps to help resolve the error
- Mode type – indicates your current autosteering mode (appears only after you select the mode)
- Menu button (three horizontal lines) – Tap to display the autosteering panel where you set the autosteering mode, set steering options, apply a nudge distance, or stop a task
- Wayline setup prompt – provides instructions on setting up a wayline (appears during and after wayline setup but disappears after you engage autosteering)
2 Heading (direction in degrees) of your vehicle.
3 Tap to cancel setting a wayline
4 Vehicle with implement
5 Engage button – provides prompts:
- Gray with ENGAGE AUTOSTEERING – you have not yet set your autosteering mode in a new task
- Blue with white text other than ENGAGE AUTOSTEERING – prompt to tap the button during wayline setup, for example, the button displays SET POINT A at the beginning of setting a Straight wayline
- Blue with ENGAGE AUTOSTEERING – tap to engage autosteering
- White with DISENGAGE AUTOSTEERING – tap to disengage autosteering
6 Apply button
- Blue APPLY OFF – recording area covered or product applied
- Green APPLY ON – ready to record but not yet recording area covered or product applied
7 Wayline (or guideline) on which you are currently autosteering, or, when driving toward another wayline it is the wayline within 1/2 implement width of your vehicle.
8 Covered/applied area – Green area that indicates that you are recording product application (ONSCREEN ONLY - WHIRL DOES NOT CONTROL YOUR PRODUCT APPLICATION EQUIPMENT)
9 Crosstrack error (the arrow indicates the perpendicular distance of your vehicle in relation to the wayline, for example, if the arrow points to the right your vehicle is the indicated distance to the right of the wayline). If there is no crosstrack error (you are centered on your wayline), no crosstrack error appears.
10 Last Position indicator (with flag) - shows where you previously stopped recording product application (after having started recording by tapping APPLY ON); when you resume a task or when you stop recording, a distance indicator (in yards) tells you how far you are from that 'stop recording' point (a dotted line connects your vehicle to that point