I can't remove my original steering wheel. What do I do?
Cause: Splines are in bind or are rusted on.
- Use a steering wheel or gear puller to pull the wheel off.
- Leave nut on the shaft while pulling to prevent wheel from braking something.
- Use a socket and hammer to tap on the steering wheel to loosen.
- Position the steering wheel nut at flush with the top of the thread, then using a soft metal drift/punch and club hammer give the top of the nut/thread 2-3 good hits to loosen the wheel.
- Lubricate with a penetrating oil.