Mount the Remote IMU (RIMU) flat or its edge parallel with the vehicle, typically in the front right corner of the cab.
Tip! See the installation guide that came with your Wheelman kit for complete installation instructions, including RIMU mounting.
WARNING: Before drilling (or using self-drilling screws) in the cab, make sure there is nothing that can be damaged by the drilling or by any self-drilling screws used to secure the RIMU. Secure anything that could be damaged away from where the screws come through.
When installing the Remote IMU (RIMU):
- The mounting location must be solid to the vehicle frame or cab and be vibration-free.
- The RIMU must not move independently of the vehicle (not loose on the cab floor).
- The RIMU must be square to the floor and to the centerline of the vehicle.
- There must be sufficient clearance around the seat to accommodate the RIMU as the seat suspension moves up and down even with the seat at its lowest level (for example, with all the air removed).
- There must be sufficient clearance to rotate the seat without interfering with the RIMU.
Do not mount the RIMU where it can:
- Interfere with any of the vehicle’s seat or other control levers and knobs.
- Interfere with the operator’s visibility while operating the vehicle.
- Be damaged by falling objects or where other materials can be piled on it.
To install the Remote IMU:
- Review the requirements above.
- Using the two self tapping hex screws and washers, install the RIMU in your preferred location. Do not overtighten.
The photos below show the RIMU installed on the cab floor, to the right of the operator’s seat, with the X-Y label pointing up, and with the connector pointing toward the rear.
You will enter the label and cable directions during vehicle setup in the Whirl app.