Most modern GPS receivers store several days worth of almanac data, which can help speed acquisition by predicting where to search for the satellites. It may take up to 45 minutes on first startup to build the almanac. If the unit has not been started for a while it may need to build the almanac.
Articles in this section
- Will Wheelman steer in reverse?
- What is Headings Filter Error and how to resolve it
- Wheelman Pro Technical Specifications
- Are Wheelman components weather proof?
- What vehicle dimensions to I need to measure?
- Do I need DGPS to calibrate?
- How do I route my antenna cable?
- Sometimes my smart device doesn't automatically reconnect to Wheelman Pro via Bluetooth and I have to manually reconnect. Why?
- What is Bluetooth?
- Why does it take a long time to aquire GPS signal on first startup?